1. Big star features skinny jeans that are the perfect addition to every woman’s wardrobe. This stylish and comfortable denim is a staple piece, and is easily paired with heels, boots, or flats. This fit can be dressed up or down, and worn to many occasions.
2. The women’s Antique 1902 V Neck T-Shirt is as soft as they come. Featuring the tagless neckline for all day comfort, as well as the semi relaxed fit, this is an item you will love. Perfect for layering, and available in an array of colors, this tee will make you rethink basics.
3. Billabong has created the perfect cardigan for fall. This lightweight sweater pairs well with skinny jeans or leggings, and the exaggerated hem is sure to turn heads. Highlighting an energetic and exotic print, this cardi will liven up your go to basics.
4. Fossil’s new fall line of the classic Sydney shopper is sure to please. Available in several colors/patterns, this simplistic tote will complete your chic autumn ensembles. This bag the perfect accessory for daily use, as well as traveling.
5. As every woman knows, flats are a must have for any successful wardrobe. Blowfish has taken the idea of a basic flat and added interest with the crisscross straps on the toe. These shoes are perfect for a casual outfit, and are great to throw in your bag if you need to change into flats after wearing heels.
6. Infinity scarves are an ideal accessory for fall and winter. These Look By M scarves are chunky, cozy, and effortlessly chic. Top off your outfit with this luxuriously soft scarf and you’re ready to face the weather in style.
7. Nikibiki has designed the ultimate in layering pieces. This tank, made with quality and comfort in mind, has beautiful seamless construction. The material stays in place all day, compliments every outfit and provides the perfect fit for any and every body type.
One of the best things about Soybu’s clothing is how versatile it is because it’s designed for the woman on the go. Whether you’re out running errands, meeting a friend for a lunch date, or leaving the yoga studio, Soybu’s line of sportswear has you covered.
One of our favorite items for the Fall 2014 season is the Elana Dress, particularly in the black mélange mini stripe. This dress can be worn alone on warm days, but is lightweight enough to also be paired with leggings and wrap, such as the Carolyn Wrap in the image shown here. Not only is this dress incredibly soft and lightweight, but it has a curved hemline and ruched sleeves, making this dress the perfect combination of comfortable and fashionable. The Elana Dress also has wrinkle resistant, moisture wicking fabric, so you can throw it on over your workout clothes or place it in a gym bag for easy travel. Either way, you won’t sacrifice the quality of the fabric or the shape of the dress making this a fantastic transitional piece for fall.
The Vita Cardigan is another piece we love for Fall 2014 because of its versatility. With a waterfall front opening and a back yoke, one can easily dress this piece up or down, depending on where the day ends up! Layer it over a dress on a cool fall night or slip it on at the gym for a post-workout cooldown; this cardigan’s lightweight, breathable, soft jersey fabric won’t weigh you down or make you too hot. This cardigan is definitely a staple this season!
The last piece we wanted to highlight from Soybu’s Fall 2014 collection is the Dianna Infinity Scarf. This scarf can be worn in a number of ways and with almost any casual outfit. Wrapped around your neck twice, the incredibly soft “bliss yarn” fabric adds a touch of comfort to your look without all of the bulk of a wool scarf. Wear it over the Elana Dress for a pop of color or pair it with a jacket on a cool fall day. The Soybu Dianna Infinity Scarf is going to fly off the shelves!
Another great thing about this line is that it pairs perfectly with their line of athletic wear, which really allows you to transition your outfit from workout to casual with ease.
Big star jeans are the perfect pant to add style to your back to school wardrobe. With a variety of washes, cuts, and styles, this denim is sure to fit your personality. The Grayson Straight Jean is easy to dress up for a date, and the Zac Flap Pocket jean is perfect for a more casual day. Both pair well with a button up shirt and a crew neck sweatshirt such as this Buffalo layered with a basic Heritage Tee. Finish off the look with these casual lace up oxfords from Sperry. Don’t forget an essential laptop bag such as this one by Dakine.
Show us your back to school style this season on Instagram with the hashtag #ScheelsStyle.
This week, we’re going back to the basics and breaking down the essentials for every man’s wardrobe:
1. Casual, comfortable, versatile footwear is an absolute MUST for every man’s wardrobe. The Men’s Bed Stu Frank Shoe combines the comfort of a boat shoe with the style of a loafer. The Bed Stu Burst Boot is a perfect staple for the edgier guy, mixing a simple boot with a classic vintage look.
2. A solid crew neck sweatshirt can be layered with shirts sporting a similar neckline or with collared shirts such as a button down or a polo. Create multiple looks with this simple addition to your wardrobe and easily transition from casual friday to the gym after work with the RVCA Desert Sun Crew.
3. This classic v-neck tee speaks for itself. Wear it alone or layer two for an extra pop of color. Whether you wear it under a button down to work or designate it as your perfect sleep shirt, this Heritage Tri-Blend V-Neck T-Shirt will be your most comfortable article of clothing, yet!
4. A solid chambray button down can be worn alone, layered with an under shirt or worn under a crew sweatshirt. On the bottom wear it with denim or khaki, pants or shorts, tucked or out! This Buffalo Sawno Shirt has buttons to roll the sleeves and a contrasting liner to add some extra coloring.
5. Your essential collection cannot be complete without a functional messenger bag to get you to and from your daily obligations. Whether it’s work or school, you’re probably carrying around some unnecessary baggage (ha!). Throw it all in this Dakine Hudson 15″ Laptop Messenger Bag so you can stay organized in style.
6. In dark denim, you’ll always be looking your best. Whether you’re tucking in a button down for a casual date night or just running errands on the weekend, dark denim makes you appear put together, whether you made the effort or not! Achieve this with either the Buffalo Travis-X Relaxed Jean or the Levi 559 Relaxed Straight Fit Jean.
Choosing a backpack for school can feel as daunting as navigating a new school year. However, by asking the right questions and figuring out what you need, you will by hitting the hallways with the right pack in no time.
Some questions to ask yourself before you shop:
1. How heavy is your workload?
If you’re a grad student or new high school freshman, you want to know how much weight will be going on your back daily. This will help you determine what kind of backpack support you need.
2. Will you need to carry your laptop?
Many backpacks make our technology lives easy with built in laptop sleeves and other pockets for tablets or music devices. This is something to consider when choosing your backpack.
3. Do you participate in sports or work out regularly?
Perhaps you like to workout after class, or you have early morning football or volleyball practice. Backpacks are tools to help carry the components of everyday life. Many modern backpacks make space just for active lives: pockets for wet clothing, extra straps for skateboards, breathable fabrics to keep the body cool and the backpack fresh. The answer to this question will guide you to the right backpack!
4. Are you a traveler?
The same pack that carries your books could be carrying your necessities for a trip abroad, a weekend camping with friends or even a rugged work week with all your technology gear. No matter what kind of traveler you are, there are backpacks designed for your needs.
We asked our very own staff members at SCHEELS what their favorite backpacks were for the upcoming school season. Let’s see what they recommended:
(Comes in many colors and in men and women fits)
“The North Face Recon backpack is awesome, and it will last forever!” – Mackenzie S.
(Comes in many colors)
“This one is great for athletes!” – Ryan M.
“Joey T55 power supply gives you the power you need to charge laptops, tablets, MP3 players and phones.” – Anne B.
Shop backpack here.
4. For the one on the move:
THE NORTH FACE BOREALIS BACKPACK
(Comes in many colors and in men and women fits)
“I tend to be tough on my backpacks, and this one is very durable.” – Ryan M.
(Comes in black and smolder)
“Great for skateboarders since many of their packs have straps to hold a board.” – Jorden N.
(Comes in black and monument grey)
“I love the fact they have a lifetime warranty on the covering manufacturer defects. I also like the fact that they have a very paddled laptop compartment to protect your computer/tablet. They also hold up very well even when you are hard on them!” -Jorden N.
(Comes in many colors)
“I love the zip-open compartment at the bottom that can carry my workout clothes or shoes.” - Jeanne R.
(Comes in black and pewter)
“This is great for someone who wants a sophisticated take on a backpack.” – Jeanne R.
The waist to hip difference has nothing to do with body weight. It is a specific measurement solely dependent on the curvature of your body type. Here’s how to find your unique measurement:
First, stand with your feet together and measure around the fullest part of your hips and bum. Be sure to keep the tape measure parallel to the floor.
Next, measure around your natural waistline, the smallest area and natural crease of your waist. Again, be sure to keep the tape measure parallel to the floor.
Now, we’re going to do some math!
Hip Measurement – Waist Measurement = Waist to Hip Difference
Now, use your specific number to find your perfect fit based on the Silver Jeans Co.™ Waist to Hip Difference
If your Waist to Hip Difference is…
10 inches or greater, your fit is SUKI
Between 7 and 10 inches, your fit is AIKO
7 inches or less, your fit is TUESDAY
If you want to determine the perfect rise for your body type, you can either base this off of a pre-existing pair of jeans, or you can base this off of the Silver Jeans Co.™ recommendation for your body type.
The first way is to find your favorite pair of jeans and measure from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the crotch seam. Based on that measurement, you can select the best rise for you:
Between 9 ⅛” and 11” High Rise
Between 8” and 9” Mid Rise
7 ⅞ and under Low Rise
The second way to determine your ideal rise is to pair it with your body type. For the Dew Drop or Pear body type, the Silver Jeans Co. ™ recommends high-rise because it prevents gapping and keeps everything in place. You will know you’re the dew drop or pear body type if your hips are slightly larger than your bust and you have a fuller booty and thighs in comparison to your upper body.
For the Hourglass or Balanced body type, the recommendation is to stick with mid-rise because it creates the perfect balance for your body. You will know if you are the hourglass or balanced body type if your bust and hips are almost equal in size and you have a defined curve at your waist.
Lastly, for the Straight or Rectangle body type, the low-rise is recommended because it will help to create the illusion of curves. You will know that you are the straight or rectangular boy type if you have narrow hips and are basically straight from the bust down to the hip.
Before you head back to school, get you back to school fashion at SCHEELS
Here’s to everyone who believes in competition and good sportsmanship.
Lace them up, take the field, have fun, and play.
Back to School fashion is a perfect time to treat yourself to a new fall wardrobe! Looking for the perfect pieces to add to your collection? Look no further! Scheels has exactly what you need to head back to school in style. Our current favorite? Patterned Leggings!
If you want to stand out a bit more, and show off your personality, these colorful and patterned leggings will do the trick! Available in many different prints, there is something everyone will love!
Here are three fabulous looks for back to school. All are casual, comfortable, and perfect for walking around campus all day. Patterned leggings are a fun addition to your fall wardrobe. Featuring a fleece lining, these leggings will also transition perfectly into winter.
If you love an athletic look, but want to wear it to school, here is a great outfit idea. A casual cowl neck yoga top pairs wonderfully with leggings. This bright tote is excellent for carrying textbooks around campus. And there is no better way to complete your vibrant ensemble than with these pink Sperry’s.
Chambray is also an easy pairing with any outfit. Paired under a heather blue sweatshirt, with a beaded necklace, this tank gives a more polished edge to the ensemble. These leggings are predominately black and white, so adding color with your shoes and bags is a fun way to finish off your outfit. A simple red fossil tote will carry your laptop around in style.
For more of a relaxed bohemian look, an abstract Aztec print legging, with a slouchy oversized sweatshirt will do the trick. The subtle stripes at the hem of the sweatshirt is an effortless way to mix patterns, as the color matches perfectly with the leggings. It is important to pair the right top underneath the sweatshirt. A collared tank shows that you know how to pull an outfit together, and keeps the relaxed feel with the tied waist. An ankle bootie and large bag achieve the ideal mix of fashion and function.
Show us how you style your new leggings on Instagram @ScheelsSports with the tag #ScheelsStyle.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin