Share your trophy hunt with us!
Celebrate your best accomplishments in the field on the Scheels Community Big Game Brag Board and you could be the winner of a new Hoyt Faktor bow.
All eligible photos shared on the Brag Board will considered for a group of top ten finalists.
Deadline to submit your photo is 11/19/2013. The ten finalists will be announced on 11/21/2013. The contest winner will be determined by vote by Scheels Facebook followers.
To enter the contest, click HERE.
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
Scheels Big Game Brag Board Contest 2013
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZE. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Scheels Big Game Brag Board Contest (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Scheels All Sports, Inc, 4550 15th Avenue South, Fargo, ND (“Sponsors”). The Promotion is governed by these official rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the Promotion are final in all respects. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
1. Description of Promotion. By participating in the Scheels Big Game Brag Board Contest, you are registering for a chance to win prizes related to hunting as part of the Promotion. As further described below, ten finalists will be selected by Scheels representatives and one grand champion will be selected from the finalist round by Scheels Facebook follower vote through the ‘Big Game Brag Board Contest’ album, which will be published to the Scheels Facebook page on 11/21/2013. Promotion Grand Prize winner will be determined at 8 a.m. (CDT) on 11/26/2013 based on the finalist with the highest amount of votes or ‘likes’ from Scheels Facebook followers. No contest entry may be submitted more than once.
A. Dates of Promotion: Promotion begins 10/25/2013. Promotion submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. (CDT) on 11/19/2013. Promotion finalists will be announced on the Scheels Facebook page on 11/21/2013.
B. How to Enter: Register by submitting a big game hunting photo through the scheels.com Big Game Board, or by following the instructions at scheels.com/biggame. All eligible photos must depict a big game animal that has been taken by the submitter during hunting season. Parents and/or guardians who submit photos of big game animals taken by their children are also eligible for prize considerations.
C. How to Play: All ten (10) promotion finalists will be determined by Scheels representatives based on quality of the photo, size of the animal taken in the photo, photo description, and other considerations. The finalists will be announced on the Scheels Facebook page on 11/21/2013. The finalist with the most Facebook votes or ‘likes’ by 11:59 p.m. (CDT) on 11/26/2013 will be the Grand Prize winner.
2. Prize(s). One grand champion will be rewarded in the Scheels Big Game Brag Board Contest contest. The Grand Prize winner receives one (1) Hoyt Faktor bow and accessories.
Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be claimed within 48 hours of notice of winning. If a winner cannot be contacted, does not claim the prize, or is disqualified, the Sponsors reserve the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, at its sole discretion. All prizes subject to change at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Sponsors. Employees of the Sponsors and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Sponsors exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Sponsors may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Sponsors, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Sponsors.
6. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsors, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Sponsors with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsors will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
7. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsors personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsors will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsors, the Sponsors reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsors deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsors and are final. The Sponsors may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s release form to claim the prize. The Sponsors may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Sponsors disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the address, listed above. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, mail a written request with contest name to Scheels Marketing Office, Attention: 2013 Big Game Brag Board Contest, 4550 15th Avenue South, Fargo, ND 58103.
9. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.